KTI (Keller Technologies Inc.) started out in 1980 as a consulting company, Whey Systems, Inc., with the philosophy that whey is an asset of a cheese company. At that time the prevailing attitude was that whey was a liability for a cheese company. Today, the engineers at KTI continue to assist all clients and customers to maximize their profits from their whey asset. KTI is often called upon to assist clients in optimizing their existing lactose systems and permeate dryers, whether those systems were supplied by KTI or by another company.
Consulting services include:
- Identification of various options for whey processing
- Generation of mass balances to quantify products to be produced
- Estimation of operating costs, including utilities, labor, packaging, etc.
- Creation of process and instrumentation drawings (P&ID’s)
- Creation of general arrangement drawings
- Evaluation of existing systems for: